As time marches on, your body and skin begin to show the effects of the clock. Women and men (you read that right – peels are not just for women) are turning to chemical peels to treat sun damage, age spots, large pores, acne scars, uneven skin pigmentation and fine lines.
A chemical peel is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures. It’s an easy way to achieve smoother, brighter, more youthful-looking skin.
- A chemical peel is a controlled injury to the skin. By applying a glycolic, salicylic, trichloroacetic, or carbolic acid solution to your skin, a chemical peel removes your skin’s damaged, outer layers, smoothing and enhancing its look and texture.
- We offer light, skin-sensitive peels to deeper, more potent peels.
- We will carefully evaluate your skin to determine how to provide you with the best possible peel results.
- Peels offer nearly immediate results and are performed as an outpatient procedure.
- Your new, pink skin will emerge 7-10 days following your peel.
- The pink color will fade but your skin will be sensitive.
- Because everyone is unique, recovery time will vary with each patient.
- Avoid the sun until the pinkness fades and be sure to use sunscreen if you go outdoors.
Patients with light hair and fair skin are good candidates for chemical peels. Those who have darker skin may still achieve good results, depending on the problem being treated. Although chemical peels can improve the appearance of fine lines around the mouth or under the eyes, they are not designed to treat deep wrinkles, which are more effectively treated with dermal fillers.
Look your brightest this winter! Call Sterling Aesthetics today for a consultation and to learn more about how a chemical peel can brighten and smooth your skin: 505.428.0402.